WANem Usage Steps
WANem can be used in all environments; not just Linux. The stable version is available as the file - WANemv2.3.iso.bz2.
Here are the steps to be followed after the download :
- Save the downloaded file WANemv2.3.iso.bz2 in a folder.
- Decompress the file using the command "bzip2 -d WANemv2.3.iso.bz2"(unix). Or, use Winrar (windows). You will see the file - WANemv2.3.iso .
- Burn the image WANemv2.3.iso into a CD.
- Please do not just copy the contents into a CD and burn. It wont work.
- Use the "Burn image to disc" option in your CD Burning software.
- For example, in Nero Express software click "Nero Startsmart"-> "Back up" -> "Burn Image to Disc" -> "Image,Project, Copy" -> "Disc Image or Saved Project".
At this point select the iso file and proceed to burn the CD.
- Insert the CD into the CD ROM dirve of any i386 based PC.
- Restart the PC and boot using the CD-ROM drive. You may need to use a function key (probably
F12) to alter boot options during restart.